4 Feb 2015

Jo'burg days

I was lucky to have a lovely 3 weeks in Jo'burg and really got into the routine of things. My beautiful sister helped with getting access to the gym so I would go for wonderful 1.5 hour yoga classes or swimming at the gym almost every day. Then I was kept busy with looking after the 5 dogs (taking for walks/ the vet for vaccinations/illnesses), the 35 chickens (buying chicken food, laying mash and growing mash for the chicks) and making food every day from the wonderful selection of fresh veggies that is grown in my sister's veggie garden (together with Memory and Leiford).

 
In the evenings I would help out with picking up kids from swimming/water polo and then helping with homework before getting them in bed. I enjoyed all of this immensely and it really made me feel part of the family again :) I also had enough time to hang out with my best friend from school, Suzanne, and we spent time in funky Melville and earthy Bryanston organic markets - both awesome!! I also had quite a bit of time to read, practise piano (I can already play 3 new pieces and am planning more) and secretly watching "Vikings" at night on my computer (thanks Graeme!). All too soon I had to say goodbye again and Kevin kindly sat 2 hours in the traffic to take me to the baz bus on 30 January with which I depart on my next adventure: yoga teacher training in Pietermaritzburg (and a stop-over in the Drakensberg on the way!)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful. Nothing like settling back into the comfort of family life. So glad you liked Vikings. I also watched it in South Africa, when I was there last year.

    ReplyDelete