29 Nov 2014

Week 9 at Ulovane (second last week)

No theory exams this week, but we're all pretty stressed about our first and second round mock practical drive assessments (with real guests) and one-on-one interviews afterwards with our facilitator - all in preparation of the final FGASA Level 1 exam next Friday. I had an amazing 2nd round practical drive with wonderful engaged guests who wanted to know everything and was so enthusiastic about the natural environment! I had such a great time showing them around - they wanted to climb out and touch and feel and discuss everything; and definitely want to come again next time there is an opportunity - all of which meant of course that I passed the practicals with flying colours - whooohoooooo! Such a relief! :)

 
 
I woke up this morning and my first thought was that next week this time I will be on a plane back to Jo'burg! I can't believe how quick the time has gone! I made up my mind then to make the absolute most of this last week - with the scary practicals out of the way, I feel a lot more relaxed and just want to soak up this gorgeous natural environment, experiences and most of all the wonderful people I have met over these last few weeks. I feel like I have gained a bush family and hope we will all keep in contact. And talking about family I had a call from my (real) mum this morning who landed in Jo'burg last night and which I'll join next week - very excited about seeing everyone again! I should probably just remember to also study for the final FGASA exams on Friday (which is really what all of this is about in the first place!). With a level 1 qualification, lots of opportunities will hopefully be available to me in the new year :)



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment